Things from the State of the Union that didn’t but should have made into the previous piece:
- I probably should have found a way to include “I do not accept a second place United States of America” in the post, somehow. It was a great line.
- We still haven’t fully gotten rid of the Wall St. vs Main St language. I wish we would.
- I was surprised by Obama’s sarcastic “while we’re at it” comment, but I like the sass.
- As a law student, I was really happy to hear that the student loan repayment proposal is set at 10% of your salary and that public service jobs can stop repaying after 10 years. (here’s hoping)
- He decided to use the full name of Iran – the Islamic Republic of Iran. I thought this an interesting, yet subtle message.
- Obama asked to double exports within 2 years. My question – of what? More of just anything? Isn’t it better if we focus on specific industries or exports rather than just anything?
- Government should be a “mirror image” of its people. Agreed (more on that concept in a future post).
- It’s kinda interesting that the Republicans broke from tradition and had a mini-State of the Union from the VA House of Delegates from VA Governor McDonnell. I didn’t watch it, but it was worth mentioning.