CNN and the New York Times are reporting that a 6 or 7 day bridge has been reached that will fund the federal government for a short time while a “longer term” deal is reached. “Longer term” here refers to the next 5 months. Forget next fiscal year, or the one after that, or the next 20 years. We cannot even figure out a budget that covers the current baseball season. Boehner is pictured on several websites smiling. Really? Should we be proud of this? I really don’t think this accomplishes much of anything. Frankly, I don’t see why any of these individuals should be leaving the office right now. The heavily lifting is not over. They just took a break for gatorade and orange slices. Fair enough. But tomorrow morning, they better be back at work.
- Grow up/Game on.
- What did we learn tonight?
- The adult in the room theory
- President Obama’s Big Picture
- We’re back. Explanation needed?
- Obamacare but who cares?
- Rayguns don’t kill Zorbians, Zorbians kill Zorbians
- Up is Down, Down is Up: Romney is Liberal
- Why hasn’t anyone called Mitt Romney the Antichrist?
- Senator Lugar, You Said It.
- David Brooks
- Ezra Klein, Liberal Blogger
- First One @ One First
- Institute for Information Law & Policy at New York Law School
- Judicial Watch
- Legal As She Is Spoke
- NPR's Planet Money
- Open Salon – reposting The Pickle
- Real Clear Politics
- Robert Reich
- SCOTUS Blog
- Slate Political Gabfest
- The Fletcher School – A Day in the Life
- The Sports Guy